O-Level Art (Ages 13+)
This Course is designed for individuals who would like to learn more about the basic art techniques and eventually sit for the Matsec Art O-Level Exam.The course builds on the basic elements of art and provides essential tools for artistic expression. It is a basic course designed as a foundation for further studies. It aims at developing skills and technical proficiency in visual art, with special emphasis in drawing and painting.
The course will also provide students tutorials and practical exercises to develop and improve creative and artistic abilities and explore the various media, investigate visual and other sources of information which can be used or related to art. It also offers the basic critical and analytical tools to understand the nature of visual thinking and develop appropriate competencies for creative thought and link art work with artists who have dealt with various issues and procedures.
The O-Level Course provides different sessions on all mediums and techniques (e.g. pencil shading, perspective, still life drawing and painting, watercolour, pen and ink, acrylics etc). All the necessary skills which may be required to sit for the Matsec Art O-Level Exam will be covered throughout the course.
An amount of Course-Work necessary for the O-Level will also be completed during the course with the help of our qualified teacher.
- Mode of Study: Once weekly (2 hours each lesson)
- Duration: 10 lessons
- Days: Thursdays
- Next Starting Date: 18th June 2020
- Requirements: Age 13+, Art Materials, and students need to have a basic knowledge of art before attending the course. If you are a beginner we recommend the Preparation for O-Level Course.
- What’s Included: Hands-on teaching, individual attention, practice and theory, course-work guidance.
- Certification: Upon attendance of 80% of the Course, students will be accredited for their Informal Learning and given a signed and stamped form for their Informal Education by the Institute.
(Bookings may be completed online via PayPal/BOV Mobile Pay by checking out or in-store at 131, Constitution Street, Mosta. Bookings are only confirmed once full payment is received. Upon booking you are automatically agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
If the course is fully booked kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Waiting List. Please include the course you are interested in, the Student's Name and Surname and a contact number.)