Portrait Drawing Workshop (3 days)
This 3-day workshop will delve into many techniques, including drawing techniques, the techniques of blending, applying layers, composition, problem-solving, applying realistic detail and lots of tips that the tutor has gathered over the years.
You do not need any previous experience or natural artistic talent to participate in this workshop. The workshop will start off with composition, then move on to drawing eyes, mouths and noses using step-by-step instructions by the tutor This will make drawing these elements a lot easier when you are familiar how they are drawn when we draw straight off photographs.
You will then draw 1 to 3 faces over the workshop in a simple and easy-to-learn method. The practice of this process at home will make your portraits better and better.
What should you bring with you on the day?
All you will need is a set of shading pencils (HB, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B). We provide all other materials you need for the course as well as tea & coffee throughout the day.
- Mode of Study: 3 day workshop
- Duration: 16 hours
- Days: Thursday and Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm.
- Starting Date: Thursday 2nd August to Saturday 4th August 2018
- Location: Art Academy (131 Constitution Street, Mosta, Malta)
- Requirements: Ages 16+, lunch is not included
- What’s Included: All art materials will be provided (excluding shading pencils), Hands-on teaching, individual attention, Certificate of Attendance.