Terms & Conditions
Courses Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Courses by Art Academy
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel courses. Reasons for this may be, but not restricted to, low enrolment numbers, weather warning and tutor availability.
- All our courses require a minimum number of enrolments. Where all courses do not reach the minimum of 8 students required they will be cancelled no more than 3 days before they are due to start. In the case of the Art Course (Ages 4-5) a minimum of 6 students per class is required.
- We may be required to cancel an individual class at short notice. Wherever possible we will endeavour to offer the class at a later date. If it is not possible to rearrange this class a refund will be provided.
Cancellation by the Student
Once you have completed your booking and received your confirmation of enrolment you are deemed to have a contract with Art Academy. It is vital that students should consider both their availability and commitments carefully at the time of booking. You have the right to cancel your booking with us as follows:
- You can cancel the course up to 8 weeks before the starting date of the course and will be provided with a 90% refund whilst 10% of the course fee is non-refundable and covers administrative costs.
- If cancelled between 8 to 4 weeks before the starting date of the course a refund of 50% of the course fee will be provided to the student.
- If the course is cancelled at any time during the 4 weeks prior to the starting date of the course, no refund will be provided to the student under any circumstances nor will a transfer of course be available.
- If you are unable to attend a particular lesson, no refund will be given since courses are to be booked as a whole. Art Academy always does its best to provide the student with a replacement lesson at a future date, but is not obliged to provide such replacement. This excludes the students in the Creative Art Course (Ages 4-8) where no replacements may be provided.
- Most course fees do not include materials – please check the course details. Any associated costs are not the responsibility of Art Academy and are purchased at your own risk should the course be cancelled.
- Due to health hazards, use of oil paints, turpentine, linseed oil and any other materials related to traditional oil paints are not allowed during courses at Art Academy. Students may alternatively use acrylics, watercolours or water-mixable oil paints.
Parents/Guardians, or students if over the age of 18, are obliged to inform Art Academy and the teacher (in writing by way of a signed note or similar) of any medical, behavioural or allergic conditions relevant to the student's behaviour in class. Whilst Art Academy takes all the necessary steps to offer a safe and comfortable environment, it cannot hold itself responsible for injuries which students might suffer during the course and/or excursions.
Students' Behaviour in Class/Excursions
If the teacher notices on a regular basis that the student is IN ANY WAY being disobedient, offensive and/or of distraction to other students, the student will not be allowed to continue the course. This also applies to any students who in any way vandalize any property items and/or materials before, during or after the class. In ALL instances, a refund will be issued for the remaining lessons and the teacher's decision is final and undisputed. At Art Academy we strongly believe that ALL students have the right to equally participate, learn and enjoy the art lessons.
Art Academy may occasionally take photographs during class activities or events for use in Art Academy's publications, social media and website. These photos will only be used for such publicity materials and no names or any other personal data will be attached with the photos. If you would like to opt out of this please inform Art Academy upon registration.
Returns & Refunds of Products
UPDATE 22/03/2020 (until further notice): During the duration of the CO-VID19 Global Crisis, we will NOT accept returns or exchanges of products. This is to ensure the safety of staff and to avoid contamination of the products themselves.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as graphic markers, fine liners, and art books cannot be returned.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase to be presented upon visiting Art Academy in Mosta.
Refunds (if applicable)
Credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. Cash refunds for orders placed online or via credit card are not available.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit Art Academy in Mosta.
To return your product, you should visit Art Academy in Mosta, at 131 Constitution Street Mosta MST9056 during our opening hours.
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Art Academy reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions as it deems fit and without notice.
We at Art Academy respect the privacy of our visitors and are committed to preserving your online safety by preserving your privacy at anytime you visit or communicate with our site.