Terms & Conditions
Education Terms & Conditions
Cancellation by Art Academy
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel classes. Reasons for this may be, but not restricted to, low enrolment numbers, weather warning and tutor availability.
- All our classes require a minimum number of enrolments. Where all courses do not reach the minimum of 8 students required they will be cancelled no more than 3 days before they are due to start. In this case, students will be given the choice of either enrolling in another course, availability permitting, or having their payment refunded in full.
- We may be required to cancel an individual class at short notice. Wherever possible we will endeavour to offer the class at a later date. If it is not possible to rearrange this class a refund will be provided for the missed session only.
- Art Academy reserves the right to substitute teachers of any course at the last minute or during the class.
Cancellation by the Student
- Once you have completed your booking and received your confirmation of enrolment you are deemed to have a contract with Art Academy. It is vital that students should consider both their availability and commitments carefully at the time of booking.
You can cancel the course/workshop/demo up to 6 weeks before the starting date of the course and will be provided with a 90% credit note whilst 10% of the course fee is non-refundable and covers administrative costs.
If cancelled between 6 to 4 weeks before the starting date of the course/workshop/demo a credit note of 50% of the course fee will be provided to the student
If cancelled at any time during the 4 weeks prior to the starting date of the course/workshop/demo, no refund, credit, or transfer will be provided to the student under any circumstances. Last minute cancellations or non-attendance of booked students may deny someone on the waiting list for the course and the opportunity to attend.
- In the event that you are unable to attend the course/workshop/demo due to unforeseen circumstances, you have the option to find a replacement attendee to participate in your stead. Please inform us of the attendee details on by email@example.com at least 1 week before the scheduled start date of the course.
- All cancellation requests or changes in booking must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests via phone call are not accepted.
No Replacement Lessons Policy
- Please note that Art Academy does not offer replacement lessons or make-up sessions under any circumstances. Once a lesson or session is missed by the student, it cannot be rescheduled or replaced at a later time.
- Participants are welcome to arrive late or leave early from a class if necessary, in order to attend some portions of the content covered during the session.
Materials during Courses/Workshops/Demonstrations
- Most course/workshop/demo fees do not include materials – please check the course details. Any associated costs are not the responsibility of Art Academy and are purchased at your own risk should the class be cancelled.
- Due to health hazards, use of oil paints, turpentine, linseed oil and any other materials related to traditional oil paints are not allowed during classes at Art Academy. Students may alternatively use acrylics, watercolours or water-mixable oil paints.
Communication with Students
- All course material lists, updates, and important communications regarding the courses/workshops will be sent to the student's provided email address. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they provide a working and accurate email address at the time of registration.
- Art Academy shall not be held responsible for any issues arising from the use of an incorrect or non-functional email address provided by the student. The student acknowledges that email is the primary mode of communication, and Art Academy will not be obligated to send information via SMS, phone calls, or any other means of communication apart from email.
- Any requests to receive information through alternative methods may not be accommodated. Art Academy shall not be liable for any consequences or losses incurred by the student due to their failure to receive or read emails from Art Academy, including but not limited to missed course updates, changes, or important announcements.
- Parents/Guardians, or students if over the age of 18, are obliged to inform Art Academy and the teacher (in writing by way of a signed note or similar) of any medical, behavioural or allergic conditions relevant to the student's behaviour in class. Whilst Art Academy takes all the necessary steps to offer a safe and comfortable environment, it cannot hold itself responsible for injuries which students might suffer during the course and/or excursions.
We understand the importance of providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all our students. In order to ensure the best possible experience for every participant, we kindly request parents or guardians to inform Art Academy at the time of booking if their children have any specific learning difficulties. By sharing this valuable information with us, we can better understand the individual needs of your child and make necessary preparations to facilitate their participation in the course. However, it is important to note that Art Academy does not offer dedicated Learning Support Educators (LSE) for students with learning difficulties during the course. Please rest assured that any information provided regarding your child's learning difficulties will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Parents or guardians enrolling their child in our courses are required to fill in this Learning Difficulties Disclosure Form if their child has any learning difficulties. Neglecting to fill in this form will be deemed as consent and acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined in the form.
Force Majeure Events:
- In the event of a force majeure or pandemic, we shall make every effort to accommodate our participants by either postponing the course to a suitable future date or providing a refund for the course fee, as applicable.
- Health Issues, Illness, or Unforeseen Medical Emergencies: Please note that health issues or illness, including but not limited to individual cases of illness, are not considered force majeure events. We are unable to provide a refund, credit or transfer for the course fee due to individual illness and in such cases the above Cancellation by Students Terms & Conditions are still applicable.
Students' Behaviour in Class/Excursions
If the teacher notices on a regular basis that the student is in any way being disobedient, offensive and/or of distraction to other students, the student will not be allowed to continue the course. This also applies to any students who in any way vandalize any property items and/or materials before, during or after the class. In ALL instances, a refund will be issued for the remaining lessons and the teacher's decision is final and undisputed. At Art Academy we strongly believe that ALL students have the right to equally participate, learn and enjoy the art lessons.
Art Academy may occasionally take photographs during class activities or events for use in Art Academy's publications, social media and website. These photos will only be used for such publicity materials and no names or any other personal data will be attached with the photos. If you would like to opt out of this please inform Art Academy upon registration.
Art Supplies Returns/Exchange of Products
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Items can be exchanged or returned against a credit note within 14 days from date of purchase. To complete your exchange, we require a presentation of the receipt to be presented upon visiting Art Academy in Mosta or Zurrieq.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Including sale items, graphic markers, fine liners, single sheets of paper, canvas and books are not viable for exchange at any point.
Other products must still be in its original packing. If product packaging or the product itself is tampered with or visibly damaged we will not accept the exchange.
Credit notes are to be used within 6 months in full and cannot be used in part or after the expiry date.
Refunds (if applicable)
If any item is purchased online and is out of stock, a refund will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain 3-5 working working days.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be returned or exchanged and sale items cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com or visit Art Academy in Mosta.
To return or exchange your product, you should visit Art Academy in Mosta, at 131 Constitution Street Mosta MST9056 during our opening hours.
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Art Academy Loyalty Card
The Art Academy Loyalty card is only valid for in-store purchases on art supplies, and not applicable online purchases, art courses or other services. In order to benefit from the loyalty card, please ask at the counter to start a card. No details of the client are required.
When making a purchase in-store, don't worry if you've forgotten your loyalty card. Simply inform our friendly staff, at the time of purchase and we will be delighted to stamp the back of the receipt as an acknowledgement of the loyalty points and transfer them to your card at a later date. It is essential to retain your fiscal receipts for the purchases should you wish to transfer to your loyalty card. Please note that without the official Art Academy stamp, there will be no transfer of points to your loyalty card.
We gladly accept the old version of the loyalty card for all transactions in-store. Additionally, clients are welcome to request a transfer of their accumulated points from the old card to the new card.
We at Art Academy respect the privacy of our visitors and are committed to preserving your online safety by preserving your privacy at anytime you visit or communicate with our site.
Art Academy reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions as it deems fit and without notice.