Sales Assistant (Part-time, Zurrieq)
Sales Assistant (Part-Time, Zurrieq)
You are a person who is passionate about art, loves to work in a creative environment and values customer service excellence. We are growing and looking for a Sales Assistant on a part-time basis (minimum 12 hours per week) at Art Academy in Zurrieq.
The main objective of the role will be:
- Maximize sales of art supplies and art courses.
- Assist clients over the phone and in-person with product selection, including offering guidance and suggesting products specific to customers’ needs and requirements.
- Monitor and update display areas
- Capable of up-selling and cross-selling products to clients
- Restocking shelves and attaching price tags on merchandise and/or checks prices tagged. Prices to verify accuracy referring to price list.
- Unpack and input weekly stock transfers into point-of-sale system
- Periodical stocktaking, including reporting discrepancies
- Set up promotional displays; signs and/or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales as indicated
- Coordinate with the Head of Education with course information and assist parents or students with any queries related to art courses in Zurrieq
- Assist the art teachers with coordination of students/parents at the start and end of the lessons.
- Ensure the shop and classroom are always clean and tidy and shop racking and window displays are clean and attractive.
- Engage in classroom and shop decoration during seasonal period e.g. Christmas decorations
- Retail and/or sales experience will be considered an asset
- Having an interest in art will be considered an asset, however training will be provided
- O-Level Standard of Education, preferably including Art O-Level
- Good command of English (Maltese will be considered an asset)
- Computer Literate
- Adapt to work flexible shop hours in peak seasons
4 weekdays per week from 4pm to 7pm (occasionally till 7.30pm)
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Only applicants with CV’s submitted and valid residence will be considered.