NEW! Calligraphy Course for Beginners
Art Academy, Mosta
The Calligraphy Course for Beginners is step-by-step course to help you master calligraphy with clarity so that you can create the work you envision with ease, confidence and success.
Whether you simply want to learn something new and have never used a pen and ink before, or have always had a love for calligraphy and beautiful handwriting, you’ve come to the right course.
Students are guided through a series of logically-sequenced course topics that build upon the last, covering the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Calligraphy
Lesson 2: Copperplate Calligraphy
Lesson 3: Flourish Calligraphy
Lesson 4: Project Work 1
Lesson 5: Italic and Roman Calligraphy
Lesson 6: Blackletter Calligraphy (Gothic Style)
Lesson 7: Project Work 2
Lesson 8: Brush Lettering
Lesson 9: Project Work 3
Lesson 10: Final Project
This course is suitable both for students who already have a basic knowledge of calligraphy and those who are looking to learn more about the art of calligraphy. Art groups are kept small with a maximum of 14 students per class to ensure individual attention and guidance.
- Mode of Study: Once weekly (2 hours each lesson)
- Duration: 10 Lessons
- Days: Wednesdays from 5.45pm to 7.45pm
- Starting Date: Wednesday 25th January 2023
- Location: Art Academy Mosta (131, Constitution Street, Mosta)
- Requirements: Ages 16+, art supplies
- What’s Included: Hands-on teaching and individual attention