Gedeo Crystal Resin Kit 750ml
Transparent, solid and easy to use thanks to its two-component epoxy system (resin A and hardener B). Transparent and perfectly imitates glass. Perfect for making casts, inclusions, tray designs, jewellery, coatings on paintings, surface decorations and laminates. Can also be used as a protective glaze. For experienced and amateur adult users.
- In a dry and clean container, pour first 1 part of Crystal B hardener and then 2 parts of Crystal A resin.
- Mix the two components well until the corners of the container (incomplete mixing does not guarantee hardening, mixing too vigorously will cause bubbles to appear). Transfer the mixture to a second container and mix again to ensure homogeneity of the resin and optimal curing.
- Pour into the substrate of your choice.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours in a dust-free environment.
Setting time is gradual and variable depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
Crystal Resin is ideal for Pebeo mixed media.
- To know the quantity of each component and not waste the product, fill the mold to be used with water and pour into a measuring container: one third of the volume for the hardener and two thirds for the resin. Dry the mold and the measuring container well before pouring in the Crystal Resin.
- The resin takes on the surface appearance of the substrate into which it is poured. A matte mold will give a matte finish, a glossy mold a glossy finish.
- To give a glossy look to a matte finish, use Gédéo GLOSS+ varnish or Gédéo Crystal Resin in a thin layer.
- Sand the surfaces before reapplying on the hardened resin.
- To allow your creation to take shape, you can unmold after 12 hours of drying and, for example, place your molding around a bottle to give it a curved shape. The complete hardening occurs after 24 hours.
- We advise you to protect your creations with the application of a layer of Bindex glossy 24 hours before pouring the Crystal Resin.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes, wear gloves.
- Only objects cast in metal molds intended for this purpose can be used as jewelry.
- Do not mix the components of Gédéo Crystal Resin with the components of Gédéo Glaze Resin.
- Do not exceed the recommended amount of Gédéo Crystal Resin preparation per mixture to limit any risk of overheating.
- Gédéo resins are not intended to be placed in contact with food.
- Crystal Resin applications, even when dry, do not tolerate contact with water.